Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Summer Plein Air Painting

 

This summer I have braving the heat and the bugs to get out and do more plein air painting here in central Louisiana.  This porch painting of Arna Bontemps house was done on a morning in June 2021 in Alexandria, Louisiana on a plein air outing with a couple of artist friends.

I recently returned from a trip to Maine where I visited Monhegan Island off the coast.  What a wonderful experience this was!  I had first heard of the island by watching a video on YouTube about the artist colony that was started there many decades ago, and specifically about the women artists there.

Monhegan was a fabulous experience, and I am anxious to return to paint more.  We just had one day there, and the ferry back to Booth Bay left at 2:30, so painting time was short.  I got one view of Manana island peeking behind edge of Monhegan.  I look forward to finishing it here at home in the studio.

 My plein air spot was up on a rocky area just behind the Monhegan school house.  A screechy pheasant hung out behind me on a rock. 







No comments:

Post a Comment