Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Plein Air - Farmland at Vick Louisiana

Plein Air Painting at Vick, Louisiana

Plein Air painting in oil done October 2017 - Vick, Louisiana

 This is what my family calls, the Wiley Field, in Vick behind my great grandmother's home.   It was farmed in soybeans this year.  And I went out on a recent Sunday morning in October after the harvest and painted this plein air in oil.

I toned my gesso board first with an orange tone that became the background of the tilled soil.

I tried to portray the variegation in the distant tree line and the elegant drape of the tree hanging into the composition that was close to me.

This land means a lot to me as it represents my heritage and inheritance from my family.


Click here to view the auction for this painting on Daily Paintworks.


No comments:

Post a Comment