Monday, August 26, 2019

Plein Air barn painting in Louisiana


This barn has been calling me to paint it for at least two years.  I finally gave in to the urge to paint it one Sunday afternoon.  On the edge of a piece of property that is next to the local hospital in Avoyelles Parish (in Marksville, Louisiana), this barn seems to be in peril of possible destruction in the near future so I thought I better document while I could.

Barn in Marksville, Louisiana
Oil on linen panel painted plein air


The drama of the dark tree line behind the barn and the almost black vines spilling out from the roof and down the front of the barn created drama that I couldn't resist painting.

 

Here's a link to purchase this painting:


https://www.dailypaintworks.com/fineart/marjorie-shanks/barn-in-marksville/757865

Please follow me on instagram MargeShanksArtist

No comments:

Post a Comment